Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Something to say before iPad is launced on the market...

OK... I double checked the relationship between iPad and LED...iPad has featured LED backlit IPS diaplay. So this topic is good to go for iLEDist. I always thought I have no right to criticize iPad till it's launched on the market. No testing, No commenting! And of course I know my comments will not have anything to do with the improvement of Apple's portfolio,,,, and it has been proved over the years, none of us can... except Steve Jobs. (Sorry, man, I was kidding, I still want to work for Apple if I would have the opportunity, sincerely)

I just want to mentions one thing I noticed the video from Apple Event 2010, the demo that iPad designers presented to audience and the iPad commercial from Oscar the day before.... You cannot operate iPad with both hands at the same time! It is so obvious and you do not have to purchase one to find it out! Each single user I have ever seen, in commercial or in reality, has to have one hand hold the gadget during the whole time expect when they have to use keyboard! Check out this video I found on Youtube. What if I want to reach my drink when I am using iPad, I have to either put it down, or use one of my hands to reach while the other waits till the mission is over. How about people with physical disabilities? As a designer, you should never abandon the most fundamental human factor while in the pursuit of fancy "interactive" effects. This is unbelievable.

And I am sure Apple and relative extension product developers have already figured the way out. You could buy some sort of supporter to free your hand(then you will have to buy more because once you place the order with Apple, you are involved into a cash absorbing machine...), you could purchase a updated version which will be featured in 2011? To make it more pathetic, still wish at least one of my friends would be passionate enough to purchase one so I can take a real look at it. -.,-

0 comments:

Post a Comment